Picture Gallery

< Previous ] Home ] ^ Up ] Next > ]

This photograph shows Peshtigo's first schoolhouse, before the fire of 1871. It was located on the east side of the river, on the corner of Maple Street and Beebe Avenue. An engraving of this photograph was used in Frank Tilton's Sketches of the Great Fires in Wisconsin (see Bibliography).

 

Cite as: Deana C. Hipke. The Great Peshtigo Fire of 1871. <http://www.peshtigofire.info/>
Copyright Notice | Acknowledgements | About This Site